On the third day of christmas the Food fairy made for me : three Tiffany blue ramekins of EggNog Crème Brûlée.
When you think of Christmas, what’s the first drink that comes to mind ? Well, as a north american holiday tradition we’ve had EggNog every year. I thought to myself, why not put my favourite dessert with one of my favourite holiday drinks? Tadaaa EggNog Crème Brûlée.The last time I had one was when I was in Barcelona this summer in the most incredible tapas restaurant. So I thought it was time to bring it back into my life.I love making Crème Brûlée because that means I get to use my torch…
EggNog Crème Brûlée
- 1 quart of heavy cream (1L or 4 cups)
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped or 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 cup of organic raw cane sugar ( divided)
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of Grand marnier
- hot water
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Place cream, vanilla, cinnamon sticks in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until it boils. Be very careful it can overflow very easily. Grate in half of the nutmeg.
- Remove from heat, cover and let cool for 15 minutes.
- While the cream cools, Place the egg yolks and sugar (1/2 cup) in a medium bowl. Whisk until it becomes light in colour. Remove the cinnamon sticks from the cream and Slowly add in the yolk/sugar mixture. Add the Grand Marnier and mix a little more.
- Pour the mixture in 6 ramekins and place the ramekins in a large cake pan (you can add more nutmeg and cinnamon if you would like). Fill the cake pan half way with hot water and place in oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the custard is set and it still trembles in the center. Remove ramekins and place them in the fridge. Let them chill for at least 2 hours and you can keep them for up to 3 days.
- Remove your custards from the refrigerator and keep them at room temp for about 30 minutes prior to torching. Sprinkle sugar on top and melt it with your kitchen torch. Make sure you let it rest at least 5 minutes before cracking through the to!
And as always here is a song , I’ll be there soon by Us the Duo. They’re the type of power couple everyone aspires to be, you’ll love them!
P.s you can get this song on Noisetrade .
Hope you enjoy my delicious recipe and look forward to the next 9 days of holiday baking.
I also created a Facebook page for my baking! Just search Lexacakes and you’ll see me there, like my page so you can get the recipes when I post them! Thanks for the support ♥
Warm holiday wishes ◊