So you walk into Costco with a smile on your face ( or maybe you’re in a bad mood because you couldn’t find a parking so you had to park in the next strip mall) and you peruse through the tall steel armoured aisles in search of the next best thing in bulk purchases. Whether you’re looking to get a television, books or your regular case of fresh produce there is always something that tempts you into bringing it home. Every time you mindlessly go through the “packaged snacks” aisle. You see a bag of chocolate covered almonds or a box of individually wrapped GoGo Quinoa cookies (but you all know one cookie doesn’t cut it.) And when they sample them, it makes you even more inclined to getting them.
I wanted to make something that resembled those wonderful treats but that weren’t as crunchy and packaged.. They were a huge hit with my coworkers and my family ate some so they must be good.
So here’s my take on it
Vegan Chocolate chip Quinoa cookies
- 2 cups of quinoa Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2/3 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp of ground chia seeds
- 3 tbsp of water (for “chia egg”)
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of Enjoy life chocolate chunks, chopped
- Preheat the oven at 350º
- In a preparation bowl mix the chia seed and water to make the chia egg, let cool in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Mix in chia egg mixture until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture until well combined. You might need to roll it out by hand if it becomes too tough. Add the chocolate chunks.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place them on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Bake for about 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- The result will be a smooth cookie ( If you have leftover cookie dough, eat it.. it’s delicious!)
Share your treats, and if you make this recipe please tell me about it! Go find my facebook page and share my recipes!
As always enjoy your lovely day, and here is a song Space Oddity performed by Passenger remembering the late David Bowie, such a great artist that will always be in our hearts.
Thank you for all your support,