I wrote down the recipe but someone in my household threw it out…So I tried to remember it as accurately as possible. I paired this version of angel food cake with lemon and blueberry because it’s one of my favourite combination. It’s similar to a Too Tall cake from M&Ms when you leave it in the fridge for a few hours.
This recipe makes a thin 9″ round cake which I cut into triangles to make a tall slice of cake. I’ve only made it once but results may vary every time.
Vegan Angel food cake
1/2 cup of chickpea liquid
1 cup of sugar
1/8 tsp of salt
1 cup of flour, sifted
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of orange extract
1 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar
- Beat the chickpea liquid for about 4 minutes or until you reach soft peaks.
- Blend the sugar in a food processor for about 10 seconds.
- Add the cream of tartar, sugar and extracts in the mixture. Beat until it reaches stiff peaks.
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Gently fold in the flour until it is well incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into an un-greased pan. I used a springform tube pan.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
Top it off with blueberries, blended blueberries and coconut sugar and homemade lemon coconut whipped “cream”.
Share your treats, and if you make this recipe please tell me about it! Go find my facebook page and share my recipes!
As always enjoy your lovely day, and here is a song Good to be alone by Matt Corby. He’s an Australian singer and this is his first full length album. Wonderful voice and his songs are incredible.
Thank you for all your support,