It’s thursday and i’m reminiscing about having cappuccinos in Greece and espresso in Italy. We had a snowfall here in Ottawa and it’s crushing our spring spirit. Yesterday I made the perfect breakfast, A tofu Benedict. You can find a delicious recipe to a vegan hollandaise sauce here. These Bloggers are in Toronto and I absolutely love their recipes! I pan fried my tofu with a Chipotle lemon seasoning and salt and pepper, put it on toast with tomatoes and avocado and you’ll be happy as ever… you guys have to try it !
Anyways, I had leftover Tofu and Coconut meat, so I decided to make something out of leftovers!
Can’t function without having a cup of Joe? Kick it into high gear with this beauty! A cappuccino ice cream cup to the rescue! It’s a great alternative to the ever so popular high sugar/high fat drinks at Starbucks. It’s raw, full of delicious protein and natural sugars to get you going… did I mention it’s delicious?
1 cup sliced almonds
2 dates (preferably medjool)
1 tbsp cocoa nibs
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
pinch of sea salt
1 cup coconut meat
1 cup tofu (firm or light firm)
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup maple syrup
5 tbsp cashew butter ( or 1/2 cup soaked cashews)
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp Agar powder (Why agar powder? It’s a gelatin substitute to help with the consistency.)
2 tbsp espresso powder
save 1/3 of the light layer and add
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp coconut oil
A dash of caramel flavoring (optional)
- In a food processor blend all the ingredients for the crust until it is well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners or reusable silicone cups ( I found these at Dollarama !) about 1/4 of the way. Place the crust in the freezer until the next layer is ready to pour.
- For the Light layer: blend all the ingredients until it is smooth (the coconut oil should emulsify the mixture). Pour the batter in the cup about 2/3 of the way and set in the freezer.
- You will have enough of the mixture left to make your chocolate layer and a final light layer.
- Decorate as you please… Make latte art if your heart desires.
- Keep frozen because they melt quickly!
Share your treats, and if you make this recipe please tell me about it! Go find my facebook page and share my recipes!
As always enjoy your lovely day, here’s a song Cleopatra by The Lumineers (Their album is out tomorrow guys!)